Protecting Personal Information
You can protect your private information by following these simple steps:
- Use your own computer to access any online service where you are required to enter your user name and a password, or use your credit card. Other computers may have programs installed on them that capture your information.
- Use virus-checking (anti-virus) software on your computer and update it frequently. Some viruses known as Trojan Horses can capture important information stored on your computer such as passwords or documents and send them to someone else. For further protection, do not open e-mails from unknown sources.
- Protect your account, social security, credit card, PIN, password, and access numbers by not sharing them with anyone or writing them in a place where others can view them.
- Change your password regularly.
- Remember to Exit or Log Off when you have completed any online session.
- Review your account statements and follow the procedures to report errors.