Frequently Asked Questions
What do I need to open an account online with Arrowhead Credit Union?
- A valid U.S. address and Social Security Number are required.
- You must be 18 years of age or older with a valid U.S. Driver's License or California I.D.
- You will be required to provide personal information, including your date of birth, and former mailing address(es).
- If you are under the age of 18, not a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Resident Alien or do not have this information, we will be unable to enroll you online. Please visit one of our branches for assistance.
Is my online application secure?
- Arrowhead Credit Union uses encryption for online security. Encryption technology helps provide secure transmission of information along the Internet by encoding the transmitted data using a mathematical formula to scramble the data. Without a corresponding "decoder," the transmission would look like nonsense text and would be unusable.
- Encryption technology can be used for a host of applications, including electronic commerce (sending credit card numbers for orders or transmitting account information), e-mail messages and sensitive documents.
- Encryption is utilized with the transmission of data from one party to another. The sender encodes the data by scrambling it and then sends it on. The receiver must decode the data with the correct "decoder" in order to read and use it. The effectiveness (or level of security) for encryption is measured in terms of how long the key is - the longer the key, the longer it would take for someone without the correct "decoder" to break the code. The length of the key is measured in bits (e.g., 40-bit encryption, the level of encryption used with many ordinary browsers, versus 128-bit encryption, the level of encryption required to use this application).
What information do I need to open a joint account?
You’ll need the same information that’s required when opening an individual account—but you’ll need it for both applicants.
Is a minimum deposit required to open an account online?
Please refer to the Account Selection page on your online account application for the minimum deposit requirements for each account type.
Can I change the information on my account application?
You have the option to edit your account information on the Final Look page. Simply click on the "Edit" button above the grouping of information you would like to change, and you will be permitted to change your input.
Can I open an account for my child online?
Accounts for minors may be established at any branch location. Click here for a list of branches and hours.