To avoid becoming a victim of fraud, do not provide personal information, account numbers, banking or credit card numbers, PINs or log-on IDs through email links, text messages, or pop-up windows. If you receive a call or text message stating that it is from Arrowhead Credit Union requesting this information, please do not respond and notify your nearest branch or contact us by phone at (800) 743-7228.
More ways to guard your information
- Create PINs and passwords that do not readily use identifiable information like names, birthdays or phone numbers.
- Request eStatements from creditors, and pay bills through secure Online Bill Pay.
- Shred sensitive materials, including old receipts, statements, and credit card offers.
- Drop off any outgoing mail containing financial information or checks in a secured mailbox or inside the post office.
- Be wary of disclosing your Social Security number, birthdate, or driver’s license number over the phone, or via email or text.