To avoid becoming a victim of fraud, do not provide personal information, account numbers, banking or credit card numbers, PINs or log-on IDs through email links, social media, or by any unsecured means. If you receive a call or text message stating that it is from Arrowhead Credit Union requesting information, validate it's us by calling (800) 743-7228.
More ways to guard your information
- Create PINs and passwords that do not readily use identifiable information like names, birthdays or phone numbers.
- Request eStatements from creditors, and pay bills through secure Online Bill Pay.
- Shred sensitive materials, including old receipts, statements, and credit card offers.
- Drop off any outgoing mail containing financial information or checks in a secured mailbox or inside the post office.
- Be wary of disclosing your Social Security number, birthdate, or driver’s license number over the phone, or via email or text.
- Limit the personal information you provide or display on Social Media.
We make it a top-priority to keep your account safe by using a top-notch security system. Nevertheless, new scams are happening everyday. Keep your information safe by staying informed.
Fraud Text Alerts
Receive a fraud text alert when a transaction on your Arrowhead Visa® debit and/or credit card is suspected to be fraudulent. Simply reply back by text to verify the transaction.
Instantly Get a New Debit Card
If you are ever concerned that your debit card has been compromised, you can always stop into any Arrowhead Branch and we will print you a new card on the spot.
Online Banking Security Questions
We're making your online banking experience even more secure. From time to time, you may need to answer a security question or enter a security code to log in. This is just to add an extra layer of security and is for your protection. If you have any questions, please give us a call at (800) 743-7228.
Telephone and Text Message Scams
Fraudsters may attempt to impersonate the credit union or other financial institutions by requesting information via telephone or text message. Be cautious of giving out any personal information to an unsolicited phone call. If you feel a call or text message stating to be from Arrowhead Credit Union is suspicious, call us at (800) 743 - 7228 to validate it's us.
Email and Phishing Scams
It is a common scam to attempt to collect personal information such as usernames, passwords, and more via email or other online avenues. Be sure when you open an email, you are sure it is coming from Arrowhead Credit Union. Never open an email or click on a link from someone you don't know.
The most successful scams are those that tie into a person's emotions. Fraudsters attempt to gain your trust through social media channels and dating sites, while sharing stories of financial hardship. The fraudster then requests their victims to pay them through money wiring, prepaid reload cards, or request access to bank accounts, credit cards, or national identification numbers to help with the supposed financial hardship. Be wary of online relationships, and if you believe you are victim to such a scam, immediately pause all communication.
If you feel you've been a victim of fraud, it is important to contact us immediately at (800) 743-7228.
If it is after hours, and you're worried you may have fraud on your Visa® Debit card, call (800) 743-7228.
Tips to Prevent Fraud
- Never open an email, an attachment, or click on a link from an unknown sender.
- Do not use obvious information for PINs or passwords.
- Continually monitor your account using Online Banking or our Mobile App.
- Shred sensitive documents with financial information such as bills, statements, and receipts.
- Enroll in eStatements in Online Banking and use Online Bill Pay.
- Be cautious of giving personal information such as social security number, driver's license number, account number, and birth date when requested by email, phone or text message.
- Review your credit report at least once a year to ensure fraudulent accounts haven't been opened using your information.
- Enable security features on your mobile and electronic devices.